JANUARY 23, 2019
Hi Good News family!
Here’s a few things you should know this week…
> THE BEGINNING OF THE END What lessons can we learn for life from the great OT prophet, Isaiah, as the divided kingdoms of Israel and Judah finally fell? Find out this Sunday as we hear from Isaiah. You can read ahead in Scripture for this Sunday: 2 Kings 17-19, Isaiah 3, 6, 13-14, 49, 532 Kings 17-19, Isaiah 3, 6, 13-14, 49, 53 (The Story, chapter 16).
> LAST REMINDER! The Men’s Breakfast is this Saturday, January, 26th, 7:30-9:30am at the Chapel. Starts with breakfast, then goes into the first video of a new multi-session video series, “Stepping Up: A call to courageous manhood,” with Dennis Rainey, Coach Tony Dungy, Voodie Bauchman, Matt Chandler, and others.Don’t miss a great chance to get to know brothers at GNBC, and get some solid biblical coaching as a man, husband, and dad. Sign up by Jan 20th so we can order enough bacon and books. See Stu McKeller or Darian Medeiros with any questions.
> PRAYER & PRAISE…
- Pray for the Second Chance Clothes team as they serve our neighbors in Jesus’ name this Saturday at 8am, and discuss reorganization plans for this grace-giving ministry
- Praise God a judge in Pakistan has acquitted a Christian, Pervaiz Masih, 38, of blasphemy on January 15 after prosecutors failed to submit any evidence against him, just one month after two Christians were sentenced to death in an online blasphemy case.
> AUTOMATIC DONATIONS Donations to the Lord’s work at GNBC can be made in 3 ways: cash/check in the offering bag on Sunday morning, a credit/debit card swipe in the Library, or via an automatic deduction from a checking or savings account. There are a number of GNBCers who have taken advantage of the convenience of the third option. If you would like to set up your giving through automatic donations, please fill out the Automatic Transfer Authorization from at the Welcome Center. For questions, please see Art Warner.
> GNBC STORM CANCELLATION POLICY Good News Bible Chapel encourages individuals and families to rely on their own best judgement when conditions such as inclement weather, dangerous road conditions, or other emergency situations might put their health or safety at risk.
- SUNDAY MORNING SERVICES – The Deacons and Elders will make a decision about delays or cancellation based on weather forecasts. There will be notification on www.gnbc.org, on the GNBC Facebook page, through this email list, and a message on the GNBC phone answering message (508.226.2916).
- LIFE GROUPS – Individual LG leaders will notify their LG members of the plan to cancel at least one half hour prior to the meeting time.
- BIBLE STUDIES, YOUTH GROUPS, and OTHER EVENTS – Cancellation will be at the discretion of the ministry leaders. The leaders will notify the participants by Facebook and/or this Chapel email.
> ANNUAL GNBC CORPORATION MEETING, SUNDAY February 3rd at 12:30pm in the Blue Classroom. This is the annual meeting required by Massachusetts law to elect new officers of the 501(c)3 non-profit corporation, approve a budget for 2019, etc. (The GNBC By-laws say the combined elders + deacons are the voting members of the corporation.)
> UPDATE – NEED A RECEIPT FOR 2018 GIVING? Connect directly with Art Warner (508.930.4538) for a tax-deductible receipt for your giving to the Lord at GNBC this year
> MISSED A SUNDAY? You can always get the Sunday sermon here — listen online or download the MP3 — plus get a PDF of the sermon notes, plus a PDF of the weekly Program with announcements, prayer page, gospel page, Global Reach Partners update, and the current Life-Group list, etc. All available each week here.
May God, who gives this patience and encouragement, help you live in complete harmony with each other, as is fitting for followers of Christ Jesus. Then all of you can join together with one voice, giving praise and glory to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 15:5, 6 NLT
Only by grace,
[ You can get back copies of all the Mid-Week GNBC Family Newslettersonline at gnbc.org/category/news ]