May 1, 2019
Hi Good News family!
Here’s a few things you should know this week…
> TOMORROW (THURSDAY) IS THE NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER The theme this year of the NDoP nationwide is “Love one another” from John 13:34. We will meet at 12:15pmat the flagpole at Attleboro City Hall — and again at 7pm in the lower chapel at GNBC for First Thursday Prayer — to pray for our cities, states, our nation, our leaders and public servants, our churches and our families. See you there!(Can’t make it? You can still participate if you set aside — the fancy Chritianese word is “consecrate” — time at lunch or dinner tomorrow to pray for our cities, schools, state, leaders, nation, families, churches…)
> PRAYER & PRAISE…
- Pray for the families and survivors after 250+ Christian farmers were slaughtered in the past two months in northern Nigeria by Islamic herders.
- Praise God for the two sisters baptized last Sunday as they continue a life of obedience in following Jesus!
- Pray for Stan Chung beginning dialysis, Joan LeClerec waiting for knee replacement surgery, Bruce Ingram recovering from back surgery, those looking for jobs or apartments… plenty to be praying about.
> TEACHING PASTOR SEARCH COMMITTEE (TPSC) REPORT #1 – The TPSC met briefly last Sunday after services to set the time and date for the first full team meeting, and prayer.
The members of the TPSC are: Wayne Lewis, Ann Kepaa, Geddy Kohler, Phoebe Christensen, Craig Fabbo, Christine McKellar, Matt DuPlessie.
Plus, the Deacons: James Saylors, Art Warner, & Dave Carter, and the Elders: Freddy Perez, Ray Anchan, Dave Stebbings, & Steve DuPlessie.
Any and all who are interested in the work of the TPSC, the conversations, plans, discussions, etc., are welcome at any or all of the meetings. This is an open conversation. Only the TPSC members will have a final vote.
The first meeting of the full TPSC is Sunday, May 5th, at 5pm at the Chapel.
The Agenda for that meeting includes:
– Picking a facilitator to lead the meetings
– Establishing a day/time rhythm for scheduling regular meetings
– Deciding how decisions will be made
– Reviewing the 20-step Process
– to assign tasks for the work of the Committee
All are invited to pray for God-given, Spirit-powered discernment and wisdom in this project together.
“Prayer does not change God, but it changes the one who prays.”
> GETTING CLOSE TO THE END! Only three weeks left in our 30+week series called THE STORY. This Sunday we talk about God’s mission and God’s mission-tool — the church — from the life and ministry of the Apostle Paul. That’s The Story, chapter 29 (or read Acts 13-14; 16-20; Romans 1; 3-6; 8; 12; 15; 1 Corinthians 1; 3; 5-6; 10; 12-13; 15; 16; Galatians 1; 3; 5-6; 1 Thessalonians 1-5 in your bible to be ready for Sunday).
> MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW…
- LIVE CONCERT WITH ALANA STORY + JODI GREENSTREET 7Ppm Thursday May 9th at GNBC. Free admission.
- NEXT MEN’S MONTHLY BREAKFAST, Saturday, May 11th, 7:30am at GNBC with special guest speaker, Brian Heil.
- NEW WOMEN’S BIBLE STUDY STARTING THURSDAY MAY 30th a study of “Gideon: Your weakness; God’s strength” from the book of Judges by Phyllis Shirer.
> NEW THURSDAY NIGHT BIBLE STUDY FOR MEN starts tomorrow night, May 2nd, at 6:30pm at Eddy Dionne’s house (Attleboro) using the Stepping Up into Godly Manhood video series. Call Eddy for his home address at 401.640.4538. This is in addition to the study for men on Saturday mornings at 8:30am at Paul McGowen’s (North Attleboro – 508.454.2114), and on Monday nights at Steve DuPlessie (Attleboro – 508.212.1980).
> WANT TO GET RID OF HURTS, HABITS OR HANGUPS? Check out Celebrate Recovery – a bible-based, Jesus-centered, 12-step group for women & men – every Monday evening at GNBC from 6:30-8:30PM.
> HUGE THANK YOU to the Friday night Life Group at Buffy & Darian’s for coming to Second Chance Clothes ministry together to sort hundreds of pounds of clothes last Friday night before their LG. Huge help! Many thanks!
> MISSED A SUNDAY? You can always get the Sunday sermon here — listen online or download the MP3 — plus get a PDF of the sermon notes, plus a PDF of the weekly Program with announcements, prayer page, gospel page, Global Reach Partners update, and the current Life-Group list, etc. All available, each week, right here.
We always thank God for all of you and continually mention you in our prayers. We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ. – 1 Thessalonians 1:2, 3
Only by grace,
[ You can get back copies of all the Mid-Week GNBC Family Newslettersonline at gnbc.org/category/news ]