Wednesday, August 28, 2019
Hi Good News family!
Here’s the news…
> THAT’S VICTORY FOR GOOD NEWS! BAD NEWS FOR VICTORY! The 2019 Church Softball League championship game against Victory Assembly of God was called due to darkness Monday night when it was tied 15-15. So they picked up the game in the 8th inning at Wumsutta MS field at 6:15pm last night: sudden death, one inning at a time. Victory was up to bats first. Charlie Shea wrapped up his GNBC Softball pitching career, not allowing them any runs. Thanks Charlie! Then GNBC came up to bat. Ray DiCiaccio scored the winning run in that inning off a walk by Dave Christensen and a hit by Josh Garland, winning the championship game 16-15! The game — and the season — was over in 11 minutes! Congrats guys!
> YOUTH MINISTRY LAUNCHES 6:30PM WEDNESDAY SEPT 11th for MS and HS Students. Check in with Justin 774.273.1134 or Stef Wallace 508.838.8018 for more info!
> NO GN-KIDS (SS) THIS SUNDAY DUE TO THE HOLIDAY WEEKEND The Fall 2019-20 SS for Pre-K-6th Grade officially kicks off Sunday September 8th. We are in the process of updating our SS info. If you did not fill out one last week, please take a form for your kid(s) this week, fill it out, and turn it in to Susan Ferris. That information is an important part of our GNBC Child Safety+Security process. The forms are available at the Check-In Desk in the upper lobby.
> SUNDAY – 8:30AM: “HOW TO PRESENT THE GOSPEL TO SOMEONE” Don’t miss LT1 Leadership Training #5 is this Sunday at 8:30am in the lower Chapel. This week is your opportunity to learn and practice how to explain the gospel to someone and invite them to believe in Jesus. Come this Sunday, even if you’ve never been to LT1 before!The GNBC elders are offering this class for all interested with the goal of providing a solid Biblical foundation for women and men, through a period of intense study of the scriptures and answering questions, in an effort to prepare the next leaders of Good News Bible Chapel for Life Groups, Sunday School, Youth Ministry, ministry team leaders, as well as potential deacons and elders.
> THIS SUNDAY – “Get ready to rumble!’ Get your eyes opened to the spiritual warfare happening all around you as we look at “The armor of God” together in the sermon at 10:45am this Sunday. We wrap up the summer series — “Ephesians: The gospel for living” — with Ephesians 6:10-23
> MONDAY AT 6:30PM – CELEBRATE RECOVERY a Bible-based, Jesus-centered 12-step group for women and men, to help deal with life’s hurts, habits and hangups. Come any Monday night and bring a friend.
“I’m not perfect. I’m never going to be. And that’s the great thing about living the Christian life and trying to live by faith, is you’re trying to get better every day. You’re trying to improve with the Spirit’s power, not yours.“
> LEAD PASTOR SEARCH COMMITTEE (LPSC) REPORT #13
- The final three candidates (out of 48 applicants) are scheduled to visit GNBC…
- Stan Newton will visit on September 8th
- Peter Smith will visit on September 15th
- Matt Larkin will visit on September 22nd
- We will have an indoor Pot Luck Lunch on each of those three Sundays, immediately following the service, to meet the three candidates and their wives
- All are invited and welcome to sit in any or all of the LPSC meetings and participate in the discussions
- Please continue to pray for the next Lead Pastor for GNBC
- The next open meeting of the full LPSC is this Sunday, September 1st, at 6:30PM in the Blue classroom.
- Notes from the meetings are posted on the Bulletin Board outside the Photocopy Room in the lower hallway.
> 6:30-8:30PM TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 10 – FINANCIAL PEACE UNIVERSITYLAUNCHES! Get out of debt! Start saving! Finally get ahead of the bills! Understand insurance! Know where your money’s going! Start giving generously!Dave Ramsey’s FPU is a great opportunity to finally get your finances under control. Alumni welcome. New content with four new, updated sessions! Register online. Check in with Adam Chamberlain for more registration information – 508.409.1579.
> SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 14th MEN’S SERVICE DAY – 7:30-10AM Hey guys! Bring your tools and let’s serve some saints in Jesus’ name! Connect early with Stuart McKeller — 857.270.4526 — if you have a project you’d like one of our teams to help you with on September 14th.
> SECURITY / CHECK-IN HELP NEEDED FOR GOOD NEWS KIDS (GNK) 2019-20 We are currently in need of help with Check-In/Supervisors and Hall Security, and Classroom Assistants. If you can help, or have any questions, please contact Susan Ferris. 774.254.7257 – email@example.com.
> LAST CHANCE! CLEANING OFF THE SHELVES 🙂 Check the table in the Upper Lobby this Sunday for any Bibles, books, bags, water bottles, etc. you might have left on the shelves in the Upper & Lower Coatrooms. Any unclaimed items will be donated to the Salvation Army or recycled.
> SAVE THE DATE!
- Sep 1 – 6:30PM Next Lead Pastor Search Committee open meeting
- Sep 8 – 10:45am GN-Kids (SS) launches for Fall
- Sep 8 – Stan Newton candidate visit at GNBC w/ Pot Luck Lunch
- Sep 10 – 7PM Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University launches!
- Sep 11 – 6:30PM Youth Group launches for MS + HS school year!
- Sep 13-15 – Women’s Retreat #1 @ Berea
- Sep 14 – Men’s Service Day – 7:30-10am
- Sep 15 – Peter Smith candidate visit at GNBC w/ Pot Luck Lunch
- Sep 20-22 – Women’s Retreat #2 @ Berea (the weekend GNBC women are going)
- Sep 22 – Matt Larkin candidate visit at GNBC w/ Pot Luck Lunch
> SCHEDULE CHANGE FOR THE BREAKING OF BREAD SERVICE This weekly service focusing on remembering Jesus now begins at 9:30am and runs until 10:15am in the lower Chapel.
> MISSED A SUNDAY? You can always get the Sunday sermon here — listen online or download the MP3 — plus get a PDF of the sermon notes, plus a PDF of the weekly Program with announcements, prayer page, gospel page, Global Reach Partners update, and the current Life-Group list, etc. All available, each week, right here.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Only by grace,
[ You can get back copies of all the Mid-Week GNBC Family Newslettersonline at gnbc.org/category/news ]