July 17, 2019
Hi Good News family!
Here’s a lot things you should know this week…
> GNBC YOUTH BAND ‘TRY OUTS’ THIS SUNDAY…
Who: for all musical kids 6th-12th grade. Led by Meegan Delvental; text her directly with questions, 508.954.5693.
What: This is an open time for young musicians to come and learn about Good News Youth Band, show their ability on their instrument, and find out if Youth Band is a good fit for them. We’re looking primarily for singers, drummers, bassists, guitarists, and pianists. Other instruments are also invited, we can see what your abilities are and where to include you.
When: July 21st, 12:30-2pm (we’ll provide pizza for lunch for Band try-out students)
Where: Good News gym
Why: To grow our Youth team, which leads the worship team for Celebration and Growth service about once every 6 weeks. And to encourage young people who have talents to refine and use those talents for God’s glory.
> GNBC RECEIVED A $5,000 GRANT FROM STEWARDS MINISTRIES In response to our grant request, the Board of Stewards Ministries sent the Chapel a check for $5,000 to help with tangible ministry expenses (not building, operations, or salaries). This is the 23rd grant check to GNBC from SM since 1996, totally over $100,000 in that time.
> GOOD NEWS KIDS SUMMER SUNDAY SCHOOL For the months of July and August, we will be combing some GNK classes. Grades Pre-K + K will meet together in the Pre-K classroom. Grades 1-6 will meet together in the Youth Group Room upstairs. If you have any questions, please contact Susan Ferris. 774.254.7257. firstname.lastname@example.org
> PASTOR SEARCH COMMITTEE (LPSC) REPORT #10 – Please continue to pray for the next Lead Pastor for GNBC. The LPSC interview team is arranging and holding the final set of interviews for the final applicants. Next is scheduling visits to GNBC for the three top-ranked candidates. Checks continue for CORI background, social media, references, etc. All are invited and welcome to sit in any or all of the LPSC meetings and participate in the discussions. The next meeting of the full LPSC is Sunday, July 28th, at 6:30PM.
> COOKOUT FRIDAY NIGHT AT CHRISTIE & ZACH’S The GNBC church family is invited to a cookout at Zach & Christie’s home from 5-9pm this Friday at 69 Tremont Street, Rehoboth.
> PRAYER + PRAISE…
- Pray for Diane Price, in RI Hospital.
- Praise God for the safe return of Matt McKearney. Pray for a speedy and complete recovery.
> MONDAY NIGHT SOFTBALL LEAGUE! There are just 4 games left in the regular summer church-league season. Unless we make the playoffs! Bring a chair or blanket to sit on…
- 6:30pm Jul 22 vs. House of Bread Church @ Wamustta M.S, Attleboro
- 6:30pm Jul 29 vs. COE/Union Church @ Wamustta M.S, Attleboro
- 6:30pm Aug 5 vs. Easton Baptist Church @ Wamustta M.S, Attleboro
- 6:30pm Aug 12 vs. Waters Church 2 @ Willet School, Attleboro
> LEADERSHIP TRAINING – LT1 – LAUNCHES ON SUNDAY, JULY 28 at 8:30am. All interested in being part of this training should see Dave Stebbings.The elders are offering this class with the goal of providing a solid Biblical foundation for women and men, through a period of intense study of the scriptures and answering questions, in an effort to prepare the next leaders of Good News Bible Chapel for Life Groups, Sunday School, Youth Ministry, ministry team leaders, as well as potential deacons and elders.
> QUOTE OF THE WEEK …“It is not the temptations you have, but the decision you make about them, that counts.” – Billy Graham
> SAVE THE DATE THIS SUMMER+…
- Jul 19 – 5-9pm – Christie & Zach’s 5pm Summer Cookout #2
- Jul 22 – 6:30pm – GNBC Softball at Wamsutta M.S., Attleboro
- Jul 25 – 7pm – Women’s Bible Study at the Chapel
- Jul 28 – 8:30am – Leadership Class Launches at GNBC
- Jul 28 – 9:30am – Breaking of Bread service begins at a new time
- Jul 28 – 6:30pm – LPSC meeting #11 – open to all, Blue classroom
- Jul 29 – 6:30pm – GNBC Softball at Wamsutta M.S., Attleboro
- Aug 1 – 7pm – First Thursday Prayer in the lower Chapel
- Aug 5 – 6:30pm – GNBC Softball at Wamsutta M.S., Attleboro
- Aug 8 – 7 pm – Women’s Bible Study at the Chapel
- Aug 10 – 7:30-10am – Men’s Service Day
- Aug 12 – 6:30pm – GNBC Softball at Willett School, Attleboro
- Aug 22 – 7pm – Women’s Bible study at the Chapel
- Aug 23 – 5-9pm – Christie & Zach’s 5pm Cookout #3
- Sep 13-15 – Women’s Retreat #1 @ Berea
- Sep 20-22 – Women’s Retreat #2 @ Berea (the weekend GNBC women are going)
- Nov 1-3 – Man Camp #1 @ Berea
- Nov 8-10 – Man Camp #2 @ Berea
> MISSED A SUNDAY? You can always get the Sunday sermon here — listen online or download the MP3 — plus get a PDF of the sermon notes, plus a PDF of the weekly Program with announcements, prayer page, gospel page, Global Reach Partners update, and the current Life-Group list, etc. All available, each week, right here.
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teach and admonish one another in all wisdom, and sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
Only by grace,