August 7, 2019
Hi Good News family!
Here are a lot things you should know this week…
> POOL PARTY! The Student Ministry (MS+HS) pool party is TOMORROW NIGHT, August 8th, at Esse Stebbings’ house in Rehoboth from 6-9pm. Please bring a snack to share. Please contact Stef 508-838-8018 or Justin 774-273-1134 for the address or if you have any questions!
> PRAYER & PRAISE…
– Our brother Rob Whitney crossed over from this life to meet Jesus Monday night. No further details are available yet.
– Continue to pray for unity in the Search Committee as they work together to identify who God is preparing for the next Pastor at GNBC
> WOMEN’S BIBLE STUDY 7-9pm TOMORROW NIGHT Sisters, don’t miss this video study — plus discussion — with Priscilla Shirer on the life of Gideon: Our weakness, God’s strength. In the lower Chapel. Snacks are served!
> PASTOR SEARCH COMMITTEE (LPSC) REPORT #12
– Scott Allison, one of the Top 3 finalists, is scheduled to visit GNBC on August 24th and preach on the 25th
– We will have am indoor Pot Luck lunch that day, immediately following the service, to meet the Allison family
– The final to video interviews were completed last Thursday night
– The Search Committee will finalize its ranking of all eight finalists (out of 48 applicants) by tomorrow night (8/8/19) so the last two candidates can be selected and scheduled to come to the Chapel to preach and meet the GNBC family
– All are invited and welcome to sit in any or all of the LPSC meetings and participate in the discussions
– Please continue to pray for the next Lead Pastor for GNBC
– The next open meeting of the full LPSC is Sunday, August 18th, at 6:30PM in the Blue classroom
– Notes from the meetings are posted on the Bulletin Board outside the Photocopy Room in the lower hallway
> CHECK OUT THE GNBC.ORG BLOG The current post is “3 thoughts on Joshua Harris.”
> “HOW TO STUDY THE BIBLE FOR YOURSELF” THIS SUNDAY AT 8:30am
LT1 Leadership Training #3 is this Sunday at 8:30am in the lower Chapel. This coming Sunday we will finish the discussion of our Statement of Faith, and begin a two week unit on “How to study the Bible for yourself.” Come, even if you haven’t been to #1 or #2.
The GNBC elders are offering this class for all interested with the goal of providing a solid Biblical foundation for women and men, through a period of intense study of the scriptures and answering questions, in an effort to prepare the next leaders of Good News Bible Chapel for Life Groups, Sunday School, Youth Ministry, ministry team leaders, as well as potential deacons and elders.
> MONDAY NIGHT SOFTBALL LEAGUE!
The last game left in the regular summer church-league season is next Monday night. But, we made the Playoffs! Watch here next week for the Playoff Schedule. Again! Bring a chair or blanket this Monday to sit on…
– 6:30pm Aug 12 vs. Waters Church 2 @ Willett School, Attleboro
CELEBRATE RECOVERY MONDAYS AT 6:30pm Get help for life’s hurts, hang-ups, and habits, in this 12-step, bible-based, Jesus-centered 12-step group for women and men.
> SAVE THE DATE THIS SUMMER+…
– Aug 8 – 6-9pm – Youth Group Pool Party at Essie Stebbings’ pool in Rehoboth
– Aug 8 – 7 pm – Women’s Bible Study at the Chapel
– Aug 12 – 6:30pm – GNBC Softball at Willett School, Attleboro
– Aug 22 – 7pm – Women’s Bible study at the Chapel
– Aug 23 – 5-9pm – Christie & Zach’s 5pm Cookout #3
– Aug 24 – 7-9pm – Women’s GIDEON Study Group cookout + camp fire @ GNBC
– Aug 25 – 10:45am – Visit to GNBC by Scott Allison + family
– Aug 25 – Noon – Pot Luck lunch at GNBC with the Allison family
– Sep 13-15 – Women’s Retreat #1 @ Berea
– Sep 20-22 – Women’s Retreat #2 @ Berea (the weekend GNBC women are going)
– Nov 1-3 – Man Camp #1 @ Berea
– Nov 8-10 – Man Camp #2 @ Berea
> MEN’S MINISTRY The work day, scheduled for this Saturday, will have to be rescheduled. Look here for info for the monthly men’s breakfast, starting in a few weeks in September.
> GOOD NEWS KIDS (GNK) 2019-20 Thank you to those who have stepped up to serve in the children’s ministry for the upcoming school year. God has provided all of the classroom teachers! We are currently in need of Check-In/Supervisors, and Classroom Assistants. If you can help, or have any questions, please contact Susan Ferris. 774.254.7257 – firstname.lastname@example.org
> SCHEDULE CHANGE FOR BREAKING OF BREAD SERVICE This weekly service now begins at 9:30am and run until 10:15am in the lower Chapel.
> MISSED A SUNDAY? You can always get the Sunday sermon here — listen online or download the MP3 — plus get a PDF of the sermon notes, plus a PDF of the weekly Program with announcements, prayer page, gospel page, Global Reach Partners update, and the current Life-Group list, etc. All available, each week, right here.
“The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.”
Only by grace,
[ You can get back copies of all the Mid-Week GNBC Family Newsletters online at gnbc.org/category/news ]