August 14, 2019
Hi Good News family!
Here’s a lot things you should know this week…
> LEAD PASTOR SEARCH COMMITTEE (LPSC) REPORT #13
- Scott Allison, one of the finalists, was scheduled to visit GNBC on Sunday, August 25th but has already accepted a new position and will not be coming
- The final three candidates are scheduled to visit GNBC…
- Stan Newton will visit on September 9th
- Peter Smith will visit on September 15th
- Matt Larkin will visit on September 22nd
- We will have am indoor Pot Luck Lunch on each of those three Sundays, immediately following the service, to meet the three candidates and their wives
- All are invited and welcome to sit in any or all of the LPSC meetings and participate in the discussions
- Please continue to pray for the next Lead Pastor for GNBC
- The next open meeting of the full LPSC is this Sunday, August 18th, at 6:30PM in the Blue classroom.
- Notes from the meetings are posted on the Bulletin Board outside the Photocopy Room in the lower hallway.
> GNBC SOFTBALL IS IN THE PLAYOFFS THIS SATURDAY! We made the playoffs again! Games start at 8:45am at Wamsutta Middle School on Locust Street, Attleboro. If we win the first round, the next game is at 11:15am. If we win that, the third game is 1pm. All at Wamsutta. Bring your coffee and snack, a bag lunch, and a chair or blanket to sit on.
> “WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO SUBMIT TO EACH OTHER?” That’s the question we’re looking at together in the sermon at 10:45am this Sunday in Ephesians 5:21-33 as we near the close of our summer book-study series in “Ephesians: The gospel for living.”
“Let God’s promises shine on your problems.”
Corrie Ten Boom
> MEN’S MINISTRY SERVICE DAY SEPT 14 Hey guys! Bring your tools and let’s serve some saints in Jesus’ name! Connect early with Stuart McKeller — 857.270.4526 — if you have a project you’d like one of our teams to help you with on September 14th
> SECURITY / CHECK-IN HELP NEEDED FOR GOOD NEWS KIDS (GNK) 2019-20 We are currently in need of help with Check-In/Supervisors and Hall Security, and Classroom Assistants. If you can help, or have any questions, please contact Susan Ferris. 774.254.7257 – email@example.com.
> “HOW TO STUDY THE BIBLE FOR YOURSELF” THIS SUNDAY AT 8:30am – LT1 Leadership Training #4 is this Sunday at 8:30am in the lower Chapel. This coming Sunday we will finish the discussion of our Statement of Faith, and begin a two week unit on “How to study the Bible for yourself.” Come, even if you haven’t been to #1, 2 or 3.
The GNBC elders are offering this class for all interested with the goal of providing a solid Biblical foundation for women and men, through a period of intense study of the scriptures and answering questions, in an effort to prepare the next leaders of Good News Bible Chapel for Life Groups, Sunday School, Youth Ministry, ministry team leaders, as well as potential deacons and elders.
> CLEANING OFF THE SHELVES 🙂 Check the table in the Upper Lobby this Sunday for any Bibles, books, bags, etc. you might have left on the shelves in the Upper & Lower Coatrooms. Any unclaimed items will be donated to the Salvation Army or recycled.
> SAVE THE DATE!
- Aug 17 – 8:45am – GNBC Softball Playoffs @ Wamsutta MS, Locust St, Attleboro
- Aug 22 – 7pm – Women’s GIDEON Bible Study at the Chapel
- Aug 23 – 5-9pm – Christie & Zach’s 5pm Cookout #3
- Aug 24 – 7-9pm – Women’s GIDEON Study Group cookout + camp fire @ GNBC
- Sep 9 – Stan Newton candidate visit at GNBC w/ Pot Luck Lunch
- Sep 13-15 – Women’s Retreat #1 @ Berea
- Sep 14 – Men’s Service Day – 7:30-10am
- Sep 15 – Peter Smith candidate visit at GNBC w/ Pot Luck Lunch
- Sep 20-22 – Women’s Retreat #2 @ Berea (the weekend GNBC women are going)
- Sep 22 – Matt Larkin candidate visit at GNBC w/ Pot Luck Lunch
> SCHEDULE CHANGE FOR THE BREAKING OF BREAD SERVICE This weekly service focused on remembering Jesus now begins at 9:30am and runs until 10:15am in the lower Chapel.
> MISSED A SUNDAY? You can always get the Sunday sermon here — listen online or download the MP3 — plus get a PDF of the sermon notes, plus a PDF of the weekly Program with announcements, prayer page, gospel page, Global Reach Partners update, and the current Life-Group list, etc. All available, each week, right here.
Isaiah 41:38, 39 The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.
Only by grace,
[ You can get back copies of all the Mid-Week GNBC Family Newslettersonline at gnbc.org/category/news ]