Wednesday, September 25, 2019
Hi Good News family!
Here’s the Chapel news…
> PRAYER REQUESTS
- Please pray for Beth Fabbo and her family — Beth’s dad passed away Monday morning. No further details are known at this time. Send a note to Beth and her family at 68 Division Street, North Attleboro, MA 02760
- Pray for the Lead Pastor Search Committee as they begin the final decision making process
- Pray that the elders and deacons will be united in heart and mind for the work of the gospel here at the Chapel
> DON’T MISS MS+HS YOUTH GROUP TONIGHT AT 6:30! Great night with new friends, bible study, games, snacks! All good! Don’t miss it!
> WE’RE TALKING ABOUT “4 VIEWS OF THE END TIMES” IN THE LT1 CLASS AT 8:30AM THIS SUNDAY Got questions about the return of Jesus? What happens next on the Bible’s timeline? Confused about different end times scenarios? Come with your Bible and your questions this Sunday at 8:30 am in the lower Chapel. There will be a helpful handout. And no quiz. All welcome, even if you haven’t been to a LT1 class yet.
> LEAD PASTOR CANDIDATE SEARCH IS WRAPPING UP With the visits the last three weekends by Stanley & Carla Newton, Pete & Virginia Smith, and Matt & Beth Larkin, the Search Committee is prayerfully preparing for a final decision. You can help…
#1 Please pray with us for God’s direction and Spirit-led unity.
#2 Please turn in your Evaluation Forms for the three candidates no later than the end of the Celebration & Growth service at noon this Sunday, September 29th. Put your Form in the Acts 4:32 Fund Box at the door of the Gym. Blank forms will be available next to the Box in case you lost or never got one. You can watch/listen to any of the three candidates’ sermons here.
The next meeting of the Search Committee is Tuesday, September 30th, at 6:30 pm in the Blue Classroom. All are welcome to attend and listen in on the discussion and decision making. Notes from the previous Search Committee meetings are posted on the Bulletin Board outside the Photocopy Room in the lower hallway.
> ATTENTION ALL LIFE GROUP LEADERS Did your Life Group relaunch for the Fall? Got new attendees or a new study? Please update your LG data with a quick email to Dave Stebbings — email@example.com — include the host name, the day of the week your group meets, what time, what you’re studying, and a list of those in your group.
> HEY GUYS! DON’T MISS MAN CAMP Nov 8-10 @ BEREA Great speakers, worship led by Spirit-led men of God, a choice of workshops and intensives, challenging morning devos, an opportunity to get to know other guys — plus man-size buffets at every meal, paintball, flag-football, and bocce tournaments, archery tag, kayaking and fishing, two rock walls plus the high-ropes/tall-pole course, hiking, riflery (use theirs, or bring your own), hatchet throwing and archery, or a good nap — and plenty of time to get alone with God. Berea is a place God uses to push men to a higher level of friendship, and a closer spiritual walk. Register online here.
“God’s plan will never put you where His presence will not sustain you. The same God who led you in will lead you out.”
Robert J. Morgan, The Red Sea Rules
> SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL FOR TEEN GIRLS, MOMS & MENTORS NOV 23 A one-day conference in Hudson, Massachusetts for teen girls and their moms or mentors. This is the perfect experience to equip girls with TRUTH. It’s time to throw away false definitions from culture, trends, and other people’s opinions and redefine our hearts with Truth straight from God’s Word! Speakers include Bethany Needham and Erica Renaud. Register online at berea.org
> UPCOMING WOMEN’S MINISTRY EVENTS
- Thursday, Oct 17 @ 6:30 pm – Improve night at GNBC with “Winging It”
- Thursday, Nov 14 @ 6:30 pm – “Share for Shannon” with Brian Heil at GNBC
- Thursday, Dec 12 @ 6:30 pm – Cookie Swap. Baskets for City Supper & Craft
> GOT HURTS, HABITS, OR HANGUPS THAT MESS WITH YOUR LIFE? Check out Celebrate Recovery for women and men on Monday night’s at 6:30 in the Lower Chapel.
> SAVE THE DATE!
- Oct 1 – 6:30 pm Next Lead Pastor Search Committee meeting
- Oct 3 – 7 pm First Thursday Prayer
- Oct 12 – 7:30 am Men’s breakfast
- Oct 17 – 6:30 pm Women’s Improve Night with “Winging It”
- Nov 1-3 – Man Camp #1 @ Berea
- Nov 8-10 – Man Camp #2 @ Berea (this is the weekend GNBC guys are going)
- Nov 14 – 6:30pm Women’s Night: “Share for Shannon”
- Nov 23 – 8:30-5:30 “Simply Beautiful” conference for moms and daughters
> MISSED A SUNDAY? You can always get the Sunday sermon here — listen online or download the MP3 — plus get a PDF of the sermon notes, plus a PDF of the weekly Program with announcements, prayer page, gospel page, Global Reach Partners update, and the current Life-Group list, etc. All available, each week, right here.
The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand.
Only by grace,
[ You can get back copies of all the Mid-Week GNBC Family Newslettersonline at gnbc.org/category/news ]