July 10, 2019
Hi Good News family!
Here’s a lot things you should know this week…
> GNBC YOUTH BAND ‘TRY OUTS’ – JULY 21st
Who: for all musical kids 6th-12th grade. Led by Meegan Delvental; text her directly with questions, 508.954.5693.
What: This is an open time for young musicians to come and learn about Good News Youth Band, show their ability on their instrument, and find out if Youth Band is a good fit for them. We’re looking primarily for singers, drummers, bassists, guitarists, and pianists. Other instruments are also invited, we can see what your abilities are and where to include you.
When: July 21st, 12:30-2pm (we’ll provide pizza for lunch for Band try-out students)
Where: Good News gym
Why: To grow our Youth team, which leads the worship team for Celebration and Growth service about once every 6 weeks. And to encourage young people who have talents to refine and use those talents for God’s glory.
> GOOD NEWS KIDS SUMMER SUNDAY SCHOOL For the months of July and August, we will be combing some GNK classes. Grades Pre-K + K will meet together in the Pre-K classroom. Grades 1-6 will meet together in the Youth Group Room upstairs. If you have any questions, please contact Susan Ferris. 774.254.7257. email@example.com
> PASTOR SEARCH COMMITTEE (LPSC) REPORT #9 – The LPSC is still reviewing additional resumes, following up on the most recent applicants, and arranging/conducting/recording additional Skype interviews. With almost 50 resumes in hand, the LPSC has set a cut-off date for new applications for tomorrow, July 11th. Please continue to pray for the next Lead Pastor for GNBC. All are invited and welcome to sit in any or all of the LPSC meetings and participate in the discussions. The next meeting of the full LPSC is Tuesday, July 16th, at 6:30PM.
> GIDEON BIBLE STUDY FOR WOMEN TOMORROW NIGHT! It’s not too late to be part of this video study with Priscilla Shirer. Great teaching. Plus great conversations and new friends! In the lower Chapel at 7PM.
> MEN’S KAYAK TRIP THIS SATURDAY, JULY 13th Don’t miss this chance for a morning on the water in Barrington, RI with brothers. Devos first on site at 9am — followed by kayaking on Hundred Acres Cove. Plan to come and bring a friend. We’ll car pool from GNBC — leaving the Chapel parking lot at 8:30am to WALKER FARMS KAYAK RENTAL, 509 County Road, Barrington, RI. Rent a kayak ($25), or bring your own. There’s an alternative activity for anyone not into kayaking. See Stuart McKeller or Darian Medeiros for more info and reservations.
> MEET DALITSO NUMERI THIS SUNDAY! Our long-time Global Reach partner will be at GNBC this Sunday to report what God is doing in Malawi with Dalitso and Eve’s ministry. Then he will bring the message from Ephesians chapter 3.
> PRAYER + PRAISE…
- Pray for Adam Chamberlain and his family in the death of his father last week. Send cards to 19 Summer Street, Attleboro, MA 02703.
- Pray for Lauren Gannon in the recent passing of her nephew, then her father, and then her mother, all in the past 6 weeks. Send cards to 86 Blackberry Road, North Attleboro, MA 02760.
- Pray for Al Montminy, admitted to Sturdy Hospital Monday with complications from Parkinson’s Disease.
> BAPTISM THIS SUNDAY – JULY 14th Talk with one of the elders – Ray, Freddy, Dave, or Steve – about following Jesus by being baptized this Sunday!
> GNBC SOFTBALL GAMES EVERY MONDAY NIGHT! There are 7 games left in the summer church-league season. Bring a chair or blanket to sit on…
- 6:30pm Jul 15 vs. Plainville Baptist Church @ Wamustta M.S, Attleboro
- 6:30pm Jul 22 vs. House of Bread Church @ Wamustta M.S, Attleboro
- 6:30pm Jul 29 vs. COE/Union Church @ Wamustta M.S, Attleboro
- 6:30pm Aug 5 vs. Easton Baptist Church @ Wamustta M.S, Attleboro
- 6:30pm Aug 12 vs. Waters Church 2 @ Willet School, Attleboro
> TIME CORRECTION! LEADERSHIP TRAINING LAUNCHES SUNDAY, JULY 28 at 8:30am. All interested in being part of this training should see Dave Stebbings.The elders are offering this class with the goal of providing a solid Biblical foundation for women and men, through a period of intense study of the scriptures and answering questions, in an effort to prepare the next leaders of Good News Bible Chapel for Life Groups, Sunday School, Youth Ministry, ministry team leaders, as well as potential deacons and elders.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK …
“Have you realized that most of your unhappiness in life is due to the fact that you are listening to yourself instead of talking to yourself? The main art in the matter of spiritual living is to know how to handle yourself. You have to take yourself in hand, you have to address yourself, preach to yourself, question yourself. You must say to your soul: ‘Why art thou cast down’—what business have you to be disquieted? You must turn on yourself, upbraid yourself, condemn yourself, exhort yourself, and say to yourself: ‘Hope thou in God.’” – Eric Geiger
> SAVE THE DATE THIS SUMMER+…
- Jul 11 – 7pm – Women’s Bible Study at the Chapel
- Jul 13 – Men’s Kayak Trip, leaving the Chapel at 8:30am for Barrington, RI
- Jul 15 – 6:30pm – GNBC Softball at Wamsutta M.S., Attleboro
- Jul 16 – 6:30PM Lead Pastor Search Committee meeting, open to all
- Jul 19 – 5-9pm – Christie & Zach’s 5pm Summer Cookout #2
- Jul 22 – 6:30pm – GNBC Softball at Wamsutta M.S., Attleboro
- Jul 25 – 7pm – Women’s Bible Study at the Chapel
- Jul 28 – 8:30am – Leadership Class Launches at GNBC
- Jul 28 – 9:30am – Breaking of Bread service begins at a new time
- Jul 29 – 6:30pm – GNBC Softball at Wamsutta M.S., Attleboro
- Aug 1 – 7pm – First Thursday Prayer in the lower Chapel
- Aug 5 – 6:30pm – GNBC Softball at Wamsutta M.S., Attleboro
- Aug 8 – 7 pm – Women’s Bible Study at the Chapel
- Aug 10 – 7:30-10am – Men’s Service Day
- Aug 12 – 6:30pm – GNBC Softball at Willett School, Attleboro
- Aug 22 – 7pm – Women’s Bible study at the Chapel
- Aug 23 – 5-9pm – Christie & Zach’s 5pm Cookout #3
- Aug 24 – 7-8:30pm Women’s Gathering @ the Chapel firepit
- Sep 13-15 – Women’s Retreat #1 @ Berea
- Sep 20-22 – Women’s Retreat #2 @ Berea (the weekend GNBC women are going)
- Nov 1-3 – Man Camp #1 @ Berea
- Nov 8-10 – Man Camp #2 @ Berea
> MISSED A SUNDAY? You can always get the Sunday sermon here — listen online or download the MP3 — plus get a PDF of the sermon notes, plus a PDF of the weekly Program with announcements, prayer page, gospel page, Global Reach Partners update, and the current Life-Group list, etc. All available, each week, right here.
I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.
Only by grace,
[ You can get back copies of all the Mid-Week GNBC Family Newslettersonline at gnbc.org/category/news ]