June 12, 2019
Hi Good News family!
Here’s a few things you should know this week…
> LEAD PASTOR SEARCH COMMITTEE (LPSC) REPORT #6 – The LPSC met last night (Tuesday, June 11) at 6:30PM for prayer and review of the new resumes.
We have received 36 applicants to date. Each resume is being reviewed by each of the 14 LPSC members and graded “1-5.” A “Thank you for applying…” note will be sent to the bottom tier applicants.
A list of questions will be developed this week by a volunteer task force in preparation for interviews with top tier applicants. The interview team was selected.We are currently running ahead of the original schedule.
The full meeting notes are posted on the Bulletin Board in the lower hallway outside the Printer Room.
Your prayer for wisdom, discernment, and unity is really important and helpful as the LPSC moves forward. The next meeting of the full LPSC is Sunday, June 23rd, at 7PM. All are invited and welcome to sit in any or all of the LPSC meetings and participate in the discussions.
> WOMEN’S BIBLE STUDY – GIDEON – TOMORROW NIGHT AT 7PM It’s not too late sisters to connect with this powerful video study by Priscilla Shirer — Gideon: Your weakness, God’s strength. Join us at 7 in the lower chapel.
> CONGRATULATIONS! Matt won the trophy for the first annual GNBCHighland Games at the men’s cookout last Saturday night, competing in Caber toss, Hammer throw, Tug-o-War, and Tomahawk targets. Adam Chamberlain brought the encouraging challenge from God’s word. Next Men’s event = Kayak trip July 13th. See Stuart or Darian for more information.
> PRAYER + PRAISE…
- Praise God for our HS and college graduates! Pray for them as they move into the next chapters of life.
- Pray for those in our church family in job/career changes.
> NEXT BAPTISM JUNE 30th Talk with one of the elders – Ray, Freddy, Dave, or Steve – about following Jesus by being baptized. Pick up a Baptism Info/Q&A packet from the Info Rack outside the gym entrance for more info and an application form.
> LEADERSHIP TRAINING Aspiring to serve in leadership is a good thing. Women and men are urged to prayerfully consider committing to an intensive leadership training group launching this summer.The elders are offering this class with the goal of providing a solid Biblical foundation, through a period of intense study of the scriptures, in an effort to prepare the next leaders of Good News Bible Chapel. Use the weekly Connections pad to sign up, or feel free to speak with one of the elders: Ray, Freddy, Dave, or Steve.
> REMINDER OF 1st SUMMER COOKOUT THIS FRIDAY AT CHRISTIE & ZACH’s The dates are June 14th, July 19th, and August 23rd from 5-9pm-ish. 69 Tremont Street, Rehoboth, MA 02769. Feel free to bring something or nothing, stay late or leave early, come to one of the dates or all. We want to see all of you and hope you can make it! Zach: 774-218-1320 & Christie: 508-837-1194
> SAVE THE DATE THIS SUMMER+…
- Jun 13 – Women’s Bible study at the Chapel at 7PM
- June 14 – Christie & Zach’s 5pm Summer Cookout #1, 5-9PM
- Jun 27 – Women’s Bible study at the Chapel at 7PM
- Jun 30 – Baptism Sunday
- Jul 11 – Women’s Bible study at the Chapel at 7PM
- Jul 13 – Men’s Kayak Trip
- Jul 19 – Christie & Zach’s 5pm Summer Cookout #2, 5-9PM
- Jul 25 – Women’s Bible study at the Chapel at 7PM
- Aug 8 – Women’s Bible study at the Chapel at 7PM
- Aug 10 – Men’s Service Day
- Aug 22 – Women’s Bible study at the Chapel at 7PM
- Aug 23 – Christie & Zach’s 5pm Cookout #3, 5-9PM
- Sep 13-15 – Women’s Retreat #1 @ Berea
- Sep 20-22 – Women’s Retreat #2 @ Berea
- Nov 1-3 – Man Camp #1 @ Berea
- Nov 8-10 – Man Camp #2 @ Berea
> NEW BLOG POST Check out 7 Biblical norms for leaders.
> MISSED A SUNDAY? You can always get the Sunday sermon here — listen online or download the MP3 — plus get a PDF of the sermon notes, plus a PDF of the weekly Program with announcements, prayer page, gospel page, Global Reach Partners update, and the current Life-Group list, etc. All available, each week, right here.
1 CORINTHIANS 16:13
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.
Only by grace,