MARCH 6, 2019
Hi Good News family!
Here’s a few things you should know this week…
> WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN GOD IS SILENT? Let’s talk about it this Sunday at 10:45 as we look at the story behind “the 400 silent years” of the “inter-testamental” period — after the Jews return from exile, but before the arrival of Jesus on the scene. You can’t read ahead this week — because this is the story of what happened in the 400 years between the end of the OT and the beginning of the NT (this chapter is not in The Story!).
> FIRST THURSDAY PRAYER IS ON The power is in the God we pray to. Make a point to be at FTP tomorrow night, 7-8pm, in the lower chapel as we pray for you, for our church family, for our community, nation, global partners…
> PRAYER & PRAISE…
- Pray for God to be glorified in the full recovery of Austin Chartier, 22 months old, (grandson of Cheryl & Don, nephew of Matthew), suffering severe brain damage after an extended choking incident. His heartbeat and breathing are strong, but there is no other brain response at all. His parents have difficult decisions to make about his life and care.
- Continue to pray for Melody – June Kohler’s mom (Geddy’s grandmother) – as she faces critical health challenges.
- Praise God for the followers of Jesus serving at the Attleboro Emergency Shelter on these cold and snowy nights!
- Pray for our sister Diane, facing difficult treatments at Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, for massive infection.
- Pray for God to continue to work in the hearts and minds of men at the Men’s Breakfast this Saturday morning.
- Pray for Ron Baca, an Attleboro veteran about to become homeless with his handicapped son, Carlo. They need a handicapped accessible apartment; they have the necessary funds – just need the apartment. Now. (call/text me if you have an apartment for rent.)
> CALLING ALL GUYS TO BREAKFAST THIS SATURDAY! Check out the men’s breakfast this Saturday morning, 7:30-9:30am in the lower chapel. This is session III in the Stepping Up video series for guys young and old and older. Come and bring a friend.
“We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.” – Charles R. Swindoll
> BEREA DEEP FREEZE IS NEXT WEEKEND – March 15-17 Middle School & High School students should talk with Stef and Justin to get a t-shirt and reserve a bunk for a fantastic weekend that will impact your spiritual life forever. Financial aid is available so no student is left behind. (Donations welcome.) More info online berea.org.
> CELEBRATE RECOVERY 6:30 EVERY MONDAY NIGHT Our God is a God of rescue and redemption. Help from God’s word — for women and men — for life’s habits, hangups and hurts. Bring a friend who’s hurting and be blessed.
> YOU’RE INVITED! ANNUAL GNBC REPORT MEETING + POT LUCK LUNCH IS SUNDAY MARCH 17th Plan now to stay for a pot luck lunch (bring a main dish + a salad or dessert to feed your family + another family), plus get reports of ministry teams activities in 2018 and plans for 2019, get the GNBC financial update and budget for 2019, and talk together about what is happening at the chapel now and plans for addressing the future.
> CAN YOU SERVE JESUS FOR 4-5 HOURS? You’re help is needed. You can be the hands and feet of Jesus at the emergency cold weather shelter for the homeless, hosted by our partner, Faith Alliance Church. See Mic Moniz for more information.
> NOT IN A LIFE GROUP? Don’t miss this opportunity to grow as a disciple of Jesus and grow closer to new friends in faith. Check out the mid-week Life Group options by clicking here. Then call the host and tell them you’d like to check out their group. You’ll wonder why you waited so long to connect!
> NEED A RECEIPT FOR 2018 GIVING? Connect directly with deacon/treasurer Art Warner (508.930.4538) for a tax-deductible receipt for your giving to the Lord at GNBC this year.
> MISSED A SUNDAY? You can always get the Sunday sermon here — listen online or download the MP3 — plus get a PDF of the sermon notes, plus a PDF of the weekly Program with announcements, prayer page, gospel page, Global Reach Partners update, and the current Life-Group list, etc. All available each week here.
But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side,but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that his life may also be revealed in our mortal body. – 2 Corinthians 4:7-11
Only by grace,
[ You can get back copies of all the Mid-Week GNBC Family Newslettersonline at gnbc.org/category/news ]